2 very ripe bananas
1/2-3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Oil or butter to grease pan
1. Put all the ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a shallow dish
2. Heat pan on stove top over medium heat and add oil or butter.
3. Dip bread in banana mixture until evenly coated and place in warmed pan.
4. Let cook 3-5 minutes on one side before flipping. Let cook on other side for 3-5 minutes.
5. Enjoy with fresh fruit, jam, honey, syrup, whipping cream...the possibilities are endless!
- This recipe does need to cook a little longer than regular French toast, don't get discouraged if it doesn't seem to be cooking, just let it cook a little longer!
- Use a spatula to push the bread down so that all of the bread is in contact with the bread, it will help it cook faster and more evenly.
- The banana mixture will get all over your spatula and be a little gooey. Eat it! It is amazing!
- For an extra treat add a little coco powder and a couple drops of NuNaturals chocolate liquid stevia.